5 Warming Winter Comfort Foods
5 Warming Winter Comfort Foods
Oh the weather outside is frightful - but these Winter Recipes are so delightful.
As we officially enter Winter - naturally we'll be craving more wholesome, warm and comforting foods to get us through the colder mornings and evenings.
Here, we have listed 5 delicious recipes that are not only delicious, heart (and tummy) warming - but also low calorie *mind-blown*
1. Cheesy Garlic Crumpet Bake
If you love crumpets and cheesy garlic bread, then we have the perfect recipe for you!
We use our incredible Garlic & Herb Seasoning and light cheddar cheese to make this delightful single serve breakfast, brunch or side dish! It's cheesy and oh so delicious, we think you're going to love it.
- 2 crumpets
- 1 large egg
- 50ml milk
- 1tsp Skinny Food Co Garlic & Herb Seasoning
- 40g light grated cheddar cheese
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees
2. In a jug, beat your egg, add the milk and 2/3 of the garlic & herb seasoning and whisk together and then add half of the cheese and mix
3. Using scissors cut up your crumpets into bite sized chunks and add to the jug, giving them a good mix together
4. Take a single serve oven proof dish and pour the egg and crumpet mixture evenly into it
5. Now sprinkle over the remaining garlic & herb seasoning and the rest of the cheese
6. Bake the crumpets in the oven for 20 minutes
7. Allow the crumpets to cool slightly, serve and enjoy!
2. Milky Hazelnut & Raspberry Waffle Pudding
If you haven't tried waffle pudding, then you are seriously missing out.
This scrummy breakfast or dessert satisfies so many taste buds and even better - it's lower in calories than a traditional waffle creation. What more could you want?
- 2 toasting waffles
- 50g frozen raspberries
- 1 medium egg
- 50ml almond milk
- 5 drops SFC Vanilla Cheesecake Flavour Drops
- 20ml SFC Butterscotch Syrup
- 15g SFC Hazelnut Milky Chocaholic Spread
- 3g chopped hazelnuts
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
2. Cut up your waffles into bite sized pieces and place in a single serve oven proof dish before topping with the frozen raspberries.
3. Beat the egg, milk and Vanilla Cheesecake Flavour Drops together and pour over the waffles and raspberries.
4. Place on the middle shelf of the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
5. Once out of the oven, drizzle over your Butterscotch Syrup and Milky Hazelnut Chocaholic Spread, before sprinkling with the chopped hazelnuts.
6. Serve and enjoy!!
3. Cheesy Bacon Stuff Jacket Potatoes
A wholesome comfort dish oozing with a delicious cheese and herb filling.
Bake your potatoes in the oven at 220 degrees for 1 hour, turning half way through to cook evenly. Once done, remove from the oven and carefully cut the potatoes in half. Scoop out most of the inner potato and put into a mixing bowl. Be careful to keep the skins intact!
In your mixing bowl, add grated cheddar cheese and our Blue Cheese Sauce to your mashed potato. Pop back in the oven for a further 15 minutes and sprinkle with some chopped parsley - enjoy!
Why not use our Blue Cheese Sauce as a dip too? There's no need to feel any guilt from cheese overload as our Blue Cheese Sauce is fat free, low sugar, low calorie and vegan!
4. Pizza Toast
Pizza toast is the next best thing to actual pizza!
In this recipe we use our incredible gluten free, high protein Bread Mix for the toast and it's the best tasting gluten free bread out there!
Alternatively, you can use our NEW Skinny Low Carb High Protein Bread.
1 pack of Skinny Food Co Bread Mix
150g yogurt (fat free or full fat)
6tbsp tomato puree
24 pepperoni slices
120g light grated cheddar
1. Pre heat the oven to 170°C
2. Break open 4 eggs into a bowl and whisk them into foam with a hand mixer
3. With a spoon add the yogurt to the eggs and mix
4. Now add the Bread Mix and mix thoroughly
5. Leave the mixture to stand for 2 minutes and then place in a lined loaf tin, pressing it into the tin with the back of a spoon so that it takes the shape of the loaf tin
6. Bake in the centre of the oven for 60 minutes
7. After baking, remove the loaf from the oven and allow it to cool down whilst changing your oven to the grill setting
8. Cut your slices from the loaf and lightly toast in the toaster or under the grill
9. Now equally spread your tomato puree over each slice and top with the cheese and pepperoni
10. Place the slices under the grill for 2-3 minutes until the cheese has gently melted
11. Serve and enjoy!
5. Cheesy Garlic & Herb Pinwheels
These scrumptious pastry wheels are oozing with cheese and packed full of delicious garlic & herb flavour.
We swapped to light puff pastry and light cheddar cheese to make these healthier and lower in calories and they're the perfect on the go or picnic snack!
- 1 sheet of light puff pastry
- 100g light grated cheddar
- 3tbsp Skinny Food Co Garlic & Herb Marinade
- 1 beaten egg
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper
2. Lay your pastry sheet out on baking paper and evenly sprinkle the garlic & herb marinade over the pastry until it's nicely covered
3. Take a pizza cutter and cut your pastry width ways into 1.5cm strips until you have 10 even strips of pastry (doing this first makes it easier than having to cut through the cheese)
4. Now sprinkle over the grated cheese until each pastry strip is evenly covered
5. Take the first strip of pastry, hold at one end and start to roll inwards over itself until you have a pastry wheel
6. Place on the lined baking tray and repeat the same process with the remaining strips of pastry
7. Take the beaten egg and lightly wash over each pin wheel before baking in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the pastry turns golden
8. Once baked, allow to cool before serving and dipping into any Skinny Food Co sauce you like!