You loved our Pizza Pastry Pin Wheels so much, it only made sense to bring you another pastry recipe using our favourite Fakeaway Pizza Sauce! Full of tasty vegetables and light mozzarella, this vegetable tart recipe is the perfect snack to eat fresh, or to save for on-the-go lunches!
1 sheet light puff pastry
60ml Fake Away Sauce
1 small red onion
1 medium green pepper
6 red cherry tomatoes
6 yellow cherry tomatoes
60g light mozzarella
1. Roll out your sheet of light puff pastry and slice this into 12 squares.
2. Spread 60ml of our Fakeaway Low Sugar Pizza Sauce over the squares. Chop your 12 tomatoes in half and add half of each colour to each tart.
3. Chop the peppers and onions into bitesize pizzas and add these to the tarts.
4. Crumble the light mozzarella over the vegetables and score the edges, allowing the pastry to puff up evenly.
5. Bake at 180 degrees for 25 minutes.
6. Serve either hot or cool and enjoy!
These crispy tarts are only 104 calories each! The perfect afternoon snack for the children this bank holiday weekend, and great for the adults too without consuming lots of calories - there is also 12g of carbs, 5g of fat and 2.5g of protein.
Of course, for a great vegan version you can swap the light mozzarella for a vegan alternative!
For another delicious recipe using our Low Sugar Fakeaway Pizza Sauce, click here!
Comments will be approved before showing up.