A staple for most Chinese takeaway meals, egg-fried rice is actually one of the easiest dishes to make at home as part of your Chinese Fakeaway evening! All you need is your chosen vegetables, cooked rice and a dollop of our delicious Sugar Free Chinese Fakeaway Sauce.
Like all of our sauces, this is gluten free, dairy free, diabetic friendly and suitable for vegans! Adding this sauce to a dish full of tasty vegetables is the best way to enjoy chinese-style dishes, without the worry of excessive sugar consumption, or calorie intake. With our sauce added to this dish, there is as little as 157 calories per serving, where as an egg-fried rice from the takeaway could set you back over 400 calories. If you're looking for a tasty alternative to unhealthy takeaways, then our Fakeaway Collection is the one for you!
Serves 4 as a side dish
Serves 2 as part of a main meal
1/2 a red bell pepper
1/2 a green bell pepper
1/2 a red onion
1 red chilli
1 green chilli
2 large eggs
250g cooked rice
Handful of coriander
100ml Fake Away Chinese Sauce
1tsp sesame seeds
1. Dice the red onion, both peppers, and slice the chillies.
2. Break 2 eggs into a bowl and whisk together. Over a medium heat, add the vegetables to a saucepan and pour over the egg mixture.
3. Mix this together as the egg cooks, and add in the 250g of cooked rice.
4. Squeeze in 100ml of our Sugar Free Chinese Fakeaway Sauce and stir this through, adding the handful of chopped coriander as the meal cooks.
5. To dress the rice, we left some of the chillies out of the cooked mixture to add on top.
Enjoyed as a side dish, or as part of the main meal on a Saturday evening, or even as your lunch the following Monday, this recipe is great for the whole family to dig into.
per portion when serving 4:
per portion when serving 2:
If you love our Chinese Style Spicy Egg Fried Rice, then why not experiment with our other Fakeaway Sauces? Last week on our Live Instagram we created a Fakeaway Indian Special Fried Rice using our Sugar Free Fakeaway Indian Sauce. If you're looking for a quick lunchtime recipe, egg fried rice is a dish worth trying!
Comments will be approved before showing up.