Delicious Diabetic Friendly Recipes
Delicious Diabetic Friendly Recipes
Your food choice really matter when you're diabetic, so it's important that you're aware which foods to avoid if you're diabetic.
Depending on what type of diabetes you have - you should completely avoid certain foods or limit yourself to particular foods. There's nothing you cannot eat if you have type 2 diabetes, but you'll have to limit certain foods.
Here at The Skinny Food Co, we've made it our mission to provide great tasting foods that cater to all individuals, including those diagnosed with Diabetes.
So, we thought we'd complied a list of delicious recipes that are diabetic friendly!
1. Chocolate Cookie Dough Waffle
This gorgeous treat is perfect for your date night, and in typical Skinny Food Co fashion uses Zero Calorie and low sugar products and can be enjoyed by everyone. We've used some of our best-selling chocolate products as well as a product from our bakery range - perfect for some at home baking!
The Bubble Waffle Maker we have used to create this is available to buy straight from our website along with many more great kitchen appliances! It's so easy to use and creates perfect golden-brown waffles every time.
1/3 pack of SFC Edible Cookie Dough (made up to packet instructions)
100ml low calorie cookie dough ice cream
5g chocolate chips
1. Following the instructions on our SCF Edible Cookie Dough mix, make up 1/3 of the mixture for the base.
2. Spray the Waffle Maker with Oil - we've used SFC Sunflower Oil Spray, at only 1 calorie per spray! Place the mixture into your waffle maker and cook for 2-3 minutes each side.
3. Top with 100ml of the low calorie cookie dough ice cream and drizzle over some of our favorite Chocoholic Hazelnut Spread.
4. For extra chocolatey goodness, we've also added 20ml SFC Chocolate Flavor Syrup and 5g of chocolate chips.
2. Jammy dodger flapjacks
These jammy little flapjacks are an absolute delight! They taste so incredibly delicious but they are so much lower in sugar than a regular flapjack! Our low sugar Chocolate Chip Flapjack Mix is the star of the recipe and we top it with our epic low sugar White Chocolate Chocaholic Spread and low sugar Raspberry Jam - two of our favourite products!
- 1 pack of Skinny Food Co Chocolate Chip Flapjack Mix
- 25ml milk
- 20ml coconut oil
- 85ml Skinny Food Co Sugar Free Salted Caramel Syrup
- 45g Skinny Food Co White Chocolate Chocaholic Spread
- 45g Skinny Food Co Raspberry Jam
- 9 mini Jammy Dodger biscuits
1. Preheat your oven to 160 degrees fan and line a square baking tin with baking paper
2. In a large mixing bowl, add your Flapjack Mix, milk, oil and Salted Caramel Syrup and mix until fully combined
3. Pour your flapjack mixture into the lined baking tin and spread evenly to the edges
4. Bake your flapjacks for 9-10 minutes until fully cooked and starting to go golden in colour
5. Allow to cool slightly before spreading over the White Chocaholic Spread and then swirl through the Raspberry Jam.
6. Now add a mini jammy dodger to the middle of each flapjack
7. Cut into 9 pieces, serve and enjoy!
3. Bang Bang Cauliflower
Our take on the delicious Bang Bang cauliflower is bound to be a huge hit for the whole household. Using our Virtually Zero Sriracha Hot Chilli Skinny Sauce means this dish is super low in sugar and low in calories. Our recipe is also dairy free, gluten free, low in carbs and vegan friendly.
1 large cauliflower
150ml SFC Sriracha Sauce
20g SFC Vegan Shaker
1tbsp smoked paprika
Pinch of salt & pepper
Handful of fresh coriander
2 spring onions
1 red chilli
1. Prepare the cauliflower by cutting off the green leaves and separating the florets. Add these into a large mixing bowl and pour over 150ml of Skinny Food Co Sriracha Sauce, ensuring all the cauliflower is coated.
2. Add 1 tablespoon of Skinny Food Co Smoked Paprika and 20g of our High Protein Vegan Shaker and mix this together.
3. Pour the cauliflower over a lined baking tray, with an extra sprinkle of our vegan shaker and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200 degrees for 20-30 minutes, depending on how crispy you wish the cauliflower to be.
4. Once cooked, serve with 2 chopped spring onions, salt and pepper, 1 chopped red chilli and a handful of chopped fresh coriander.
4. Low-Carb Tofu Fried Rice
A super easy and tasty vegan dish! Want a meatier version? Swap the tofu for some chicken and you're good to go! You can also add mixed egg to make egg fried rice.
5. Maple Syrup Yogurt Bowl
A simple, delicious and healthy breakfast incorporating our zero calorie and sugar free Maple Syrup.
Dress up your yogurt bowl using fruits of your choice and drizzling our Maple Syrup over the top - enjoy!