With Spring fast approaching, it's the perfect time to enjoy some fresh green fruit and vegetables! These three spring recipes are not only super easy and fast to make, but a great way to eat healthy, for less! Using our low calorie and low sugar Skinny Food Co products , these recipes are well suited for any diet - jam packed with fruit and vegetables- anyone can enjoy this spring!
1 Medium Banana
150g Frozen Pineapple
1/2 Granny Smith Apple
250ml Coconut Milk
75ml Pina Colada Syrup
1. Slice your cucumber and add to a blender along with 100g of spinach. Pour in 250ml of Coconut Milk and blend.
2. Cut the apple and banana into smaller chunks, adding these to the blender along with the pineapple and a squeeze of lime juice.
3. Finally, add 75ml of Skinny Food Co.'s Pina Colada Cocktail Mix and blend until smooth.
4. Dress your glass with a slice of lime and cucumber for an extra green addition.
This delicious smoothie is a perfect way to start the day, or keep you feeling healthy in between meals. It contains only 148 calories, 30.5g of carbs, 2g of fat and 2g of protein.
200g mixed salad leaves
2 red chillies
1 spring onion
150g cooked king prawns
50ml SFC Sweet Chilli Sauce
2g sesame seeds
Grind of black pepper
1. Add 150g of cooked king prawns to a bowl with 50ml of our Skinny Food Co Sweet Chilli Virtually Zero Sauce.
2. Slice 1/5 of a cucumber into small sticks and slice the red chillies and spring onions too.
3. To your serving dish, add 200g of mixed leaves, the cucumber and the spring onions and then add the prawns.
4. Top the prawns with the sliced red chillies and a grind of black pepper.
5. For the finishing touch, add 2g of sesame seeds.
This delicious salad isn't only perfect for spring time, but is low in calories too! At only 148 calories per serving, this is a great way to reach your 5 a day! This also contains 30.5g of carbs, 2g of fat and 2g of protein.
1 Fake Away Pizza Base
50ml SFC Garlic & Herb sauce
3 sprigs of fresh mint
10g light butter
2 spring onions
1 contained salad cress
Salt & pepper
2g black onion seeds
1. Cook your pizza base at 180 degrees for 10 minutes.
2. Boil your peas for 5-6 minutes on the hob.
3. Drain the peas once boiled and add to a mixing bowl. Once the pizza base is cooked, remove from the oven.
4. Add 10g of light butter to the peas, along with a sprinkle of salt and pepper and mix this with a fork. Dice three sprigs of fresh mint and mash this altogether to create the a green base.
5. Dice 1/3 of a cucumber and slice the spring onion into small slices.
6. Add our Skinny Food Co Virtually Zero Garlic & Herb sauce to the pizza base, spreading it evenly all over.
7. Add the mashed pea mix to the pizza base, spreading this evenly with a spoon. Sprinkle the diced cucumbers on to the pizza, along with the spring onion.
8. To add that final touch, top with 30g of rocket and the salad cress. Top with salt and pepper and serve.
You can enjoy half a Spring Greens Pizza for only 352 calories, 47g of carbs, 5.5g of fat and 25g of protein. This is yet another great way to enjoy amazing flavours, whilst still maintaining a low calorie diet.
Comments will be approved before showing up.