Low Calorie Brookies
Low Calorie Brookies
If you haven't heard of a Brookie, then where have you been?! These have been doing the rounds on social media and it's easy to see why! The most delicious combination of a cookie base and a brownie top. The downfall? A traditional Brookie can typically be anywhere from 400-700 calories each ... SO in true Skinny Food Co style, we bring to you a much healthier Brookie, which is lower in calories, low in sugar BUT still tastes amazing!!
You will need for the brownie mix:
- 1 packet SFC Brownie Mix
- 1 egg
- 110ml water
- 20ml oil
You will need for the cookie mix:
- 1 packet SFC Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
- 25ml oil
- 45ml water
For the topping:
- 45g SFC Hazelnut Milky Chocaholic Spread (Exclusive to B&M stores now!)
How to make:
1. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees fan.
2. In one bowl, add your Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix and all other ingredients and mix well until it forms a dough.
3. In another bowl, add your Brownie Mix and all other ingredients and mix well.
4. Line a square baking tin with greaseproof paper and press the cookie dough into the base, spreading it out to each of the edges ensuring there are no gaps anywhere in the dough.
5. Now pour your brownie mixture over the top of the cookie dough and ensure it is spread out evenly.
6. Place the baking in the oven and bake for 11 minutes.
7. After 11 minutes, test if the brownie mix is ready by poking a cocktail stick into the middle and if it comes out nearly clean, with barely any mixture on, then they are ready to come out. (You want a tiny bit of mixture on the stick so you get fudgy brownies, but not too much that they are undercooked).
8. Allow the Brookies to cool slightly and then place the tin in the fridge for 30 minutes. This will help make them go fudgy.
9. After the 30 minutes, take out of the tin by holding onto the greaseproof paper and cut into 9 individual Brookies.
10. Now take your Hazelnut Milky spread and drizzle over the top for extra indulgence without the added sugar!
11. The best bit ... enjoy!!!
Calories & macros per Brookie:
If you make these delicious Brookies then make sure you take a photo and tag us in on social media so that we can see! We love to see your bakes!