Waking up and seeing breakfast already prepared might just be one of the best feelings and over-night oats can bring exactly that. Using only 6 ingredients, this delicious breakfast can be enjoyed on the go, or as an easy Sunday morning treat.
Overnight oats are so filling, jam packed with super foods, and are so versatile, with so many ways to enjoy, but so little cooking involved. All you need to do is let the oats soak for at least 2 hours (or overnight!) and you will create a creamy and convenient breakfast. Not only do overnight oats taste delicious, but there are so many health benefits too (hence why we love them!);
1. They can boost your fibre intake, preventing stomach pain, blood pressure and high cholesterol levels. Oats are great source of fibre, adding up to 14g of fibre to your daily diet.
2. Having overnight oats for breakfast is another great way to boost your metabolism. They contain all the healthy carbohydrates and vitamins to get you through the day.
3. The starch content in overnight oats can promote fat-burning in the body, whilst also reducing the risk of heart problems, diabetes and obesity. Overnight oats are a great way to promote weight loss!
4. Overnight oats help to promote good muscle health and lead to less muscle damage. The Iron levels from overnight oats can be a factor in preventing fatigue and muscle soreness.
5. They contain a number of great vitamins and minerals for your body, promoting a healthy gut.
They can last up to 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge, a great way to make a weeks worth of breakfast in ten minutes...
There are so many ways to enjoy overnight oats, below is one recipe we absolutely loved and wanted to share with you;
You will need:
50g SFC Porridge Oats
100ml Almond milk
140g 0% fat Greek style yogurt
40ml SFC Toffee Apple Syrup
1 medium apple
1 light digestive biscuit
You could even add a sprinkle of cinnamon!
How to make:
1. Slice your apple into small chunks and place half of these in the bottom of your jar.
3. Add the Skinny Food Co porridge oats into the jar, with 100ml of Almond Milk and 140g of 0% fat Greek style yogurt. For the delicious Apple Flavour, add 40ml of our Skinny Food Co Toffee Apple Syrup.
4. Add the remaining apple on top of the oat mixture to create a third layer.
5. Crush up your light digestive biscuit to add to the top of the apple layer, creating that delicious apple pie look.
6. For an extra sprinkle of flavour, why not add a spoonful of cinnamon or nutmeg?
For one serving of this delicious oaty breakfast, there is 414 calories, 64g of carbs, 8g of fat and 18g of protein. The perfect way to start your day!
Comments will be approved before showing up.