We can’t believe how quick Christmas is coming around! With all the craziness of 2020, we wanted to make Christmas baking more fun and sugar free!
Salted Caramel Rocky Road
You will need:
10 light digestive biscuits
75g mini pink & white marshmallows
50ml SFC Golden Syrup
1. Add the digestive biscuits into an airtight bag and break these into smaller pieces with a rolling pin.
2.Empty these into a mixing bowl and add the marshmallows and raisins
3. Melt our Skinny Food Co Salted Caramel Spread in the microwave for a few seconds.
4. Squirt Skinny Food Co Golden Syrup into the mixture, add the spread and mix.
5. Pour this mixture into a deep lined baking tray and leave in the freezer until set.
This recipe makes 9 equal slices and is such a fun bake! We decorated ours with Rainbow Sprinkles to add more colour into our bakes this winter - let us know what you have come up with!
All of this for only 221 calories per slice. They also contain 32.5 grams of carbs, 10.7 grams of fat and 2.1 grams of protein.
Mini Mince Pie Bites
You will need:
1 sheet light puff pastry
180g light soft cream cheese
50ml SFC Mince Pie Syrup
1. Slice your sheet of pastry into 18 equal squares.
2. Spray the tin with oil (we’ve used our Sunflower Oil Spray!) Add these squares into a muffin tin - one square per cup.
3. Add the light cream cheese to a mixing bowl and use the Skinny Food Co Mince Pie Syrup and mix!
4. Add a spoonful of this mixture into each pastry square and top with the mincemeat.
5. Cook for 25 minutes on a 200 degree heat.
This is such a great twist on a classic mince pie - a lighter, less calorific version. We just couldn’t say no to second helpings here at Skinny Food HQ!
These light treats contain only 88 calories per bite, along with 11.8 grams of carbs, 3.6 grams of fat and 2.2 grams of protein!
Chocolate Orange Christmas Tree
Now it's time for the pièce de résistance - this next recipe will look amazing on your table this Christmas - will definitely be a shock to your in-laws!
You will need:
2 sheets light puff pastry
1. Take one sheet of puff pastry to a lined baking tray and add 150g of Skinny Food Co Chocolate Orange Spread.
2. Spread this evenly and top this with the other sheet of puff pastry.
3. Cut out the bottom of your tree - creating a little trunk.
4. Then start to cut out the shape of a tree (a triangle)
5. On both sides, cut into the tree (but not all the way through) to create the branches.
6. Twist these branches like a pastry twist (be careful not to twist these off!)
7. With the leftover pastry from earlier, why not make some decorations for the tree; we added a big star on the top!
8. Cook this for 25 minutes on a 200 degree heat.
There is only 146 calories per person for this show stopper, as well as 17.1 grams of carbs, 8.3 grams of fat and 1.8 grams of protein!
Be sure to tag us in all of your great Christmas creations - we love to see what you get up to!
Comments will be approved before showing up.