Cheesy little pastry stars that are perfect for any snack, party, lunchbox, on the go, picnic or busy parent! You won't believe how easy they are and how quick they are to make. All you need is 3 ingredients, the star of the show (see what we did there) being our incredible high protein Vegan Shaker! The perfect alternative to parmesan! And if you want to make the recipe vegan as a whole, simply leave out the egg wash! You're going to love them!
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper
2. Lay your pastry sheet out and evenly sprinkle the Vegan Shaker over one half of the pastry until it's nicely covered
3. Now fold the other half of the pastry over the half sprinkled with the shaker and press down lightly, before sprinkling over a little flour and rolling out with a rolling pin to about 3mm thickness
4. Take a small star pastry cutter and cut out your stars as closely together as you can get, laying them out on the lined baking tray with a little distance between each one (keep using the leftovers from cutting out, re rolling & re cutting with the star cutter until you've used all the pastry)
5. Take the beaten egg and lightly wash over each pastry star before sprinkling over a little more Vegan Shaker and baking in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the pastry turns golden
8. Once baked, allow to cool before serving and dip into any Skinny Food Co sauce you like!
If you make this delicious recipe at home, don't forget to take a picture and tag us in so we can see!
Comments will be approved before showing up.