We're all going to need a break from eating our chocolate eggs and hot cross buns, so these vegan vegetable recipes are a must have, and a perfect addition to your dinner table this Sunday. If you’re struggling for ideas on what food you should make, we’ve got you covered. These three recipes are a perfect starting point to any roast dinner this weekend, and in typical Skinny Food Co fashion, there is no need to worry about adding any extra sugar, or calories as the products we’ve used continue to be low sugar, low calorie and fat free!
These recipes might be vegan, but they would also go great with your honey glazed gammon, or your roast lamb. These are super easy to make, and the flavours are incredible!
These potatoes may look super fancy, but they are super easy to make and taste amazing! This recipe on how to make Hassel back roast potatoes features one of our favourite seasonings, Chips and Wedges if you’re wondering what to serve these with, we’ve got you covered with 2 more amazing veggie recipes!
1. Cut slits into the potatoes so that the bottom remains intact. For a quick hack to make this easier, rest the potato on 2 skewers or bits of dowel to prevent you from slicing the whole way through.
2. Add these to a baking tray, spray with our Low-Calorie Sunflower Cooking Spray and sprinkle over our Chips and Wedges seasoning. Our chips and wedges seasoning are super tasty and works perfectly with the potatoes, giving it some amazing flavour! A mixture of herbs and smoked spices, it’s a must have for your cupboard and will soon become your family’s favourite!
3. Bake for 40 minutes at 200 degrees, give them a turn and cook for a further 20 minutes. This will give the potatoes a gorgeous crisp on the outside but keep the inside super fluffy.
We’ve added a parsley garnish before serving these for an extra fancy touch!
A great combination of sweet and savoury flavours from our Vegan Honey and Garlic & Herb Marinade, these roasted carrots are delicious! Another super easy dish to go with your dinner, these golden carrots are the perfect Easter vegetable, adding colour and of course, great taste to your plate. We’ve used our Bee Free, Zero Calorie Vegan Honey, so there is no added sugar! It’s also gluten, fat and allergen free, so it’s the perfect addition to this dish!
1. Wash your carrots under cold running water - you could peel them, but we leave the skin on as this contains some great fibre!
2. Chop the tops and ends off, and cut them into halves. Then chop these halves into quarters (length ways).
3. Spray your baking tray with our Skinny Food Co Low Calorie Sunflower Oil, add the carrots and spray these with the cooking oil too.
4. Pour over a generous serving of our Vegan Honey and sprinkle over a few teaspoons of Garlic & Herb Marinade.
5. Bake these in the oven for 20 minutes at 200 degrees, give them a turn and cook for a further 10 minutes until they are golden and crispy.
We’ve learnt that one of the best ways to cook green beans is with a hefty sprinkle of our High Protein Vegan Cheese Shaker – a perfect vegan alternative to parmesan, adding extra flavour and texture, without adding any dairy! It’s high in protein, low in fat and is of course lactose and gluten free, making it the perfect staple for all your dishes!
To make this dish, we chopped the ends off a large handful of green beans, added them to a baking tray and sprinkled a generous amount of our vegan shaker over the top and cooked these at 200 degrees for 10 minutes. You can also add salt & pepper to taste to really bring out these flavours!
For all nutritional information, please see our product pages linked above!
Please don't forget to tag us if you give these recipes, or any of our other recipes a go as we love to see!
Have a lovely Easter, from the whole team at Skinny Food Co x
Comments will be approved before showing up.